geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Additional 'inverse' classloader view in Geronimo Console
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:30:04 GMT
On 2/13/07, Rakesh Midha <midha.rakesh@gmail.com> wrote:
> As Jarek said, I had discussion with him before on it.
>
> Well, The only concern I have is, additing too many redundent view will make
> console uninteresting. I think we need to be careful.
>
> How about this? Instead of adding new view, we add a  check or button in
> existing view  "Show inverse tree".  Clicking or checking this will inverse
> the tree in same view.

That's exactly what I had in mind when I mentioned toggling between
the two types of views (inverse versus standard classloader
hierarchy).  sorry  for not being clear about that.  My suggestion was
to make the toggle button sensitive to the currently selected node in
the classloader tree.  e.g. when the user selects a node and then
toggles to the alternate view they see the treepaths containing the
selected node already expanded and highlighted.