geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we create a filter for j_security_check service in Geronimo Tomcat?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 04:47:39 GMT
Geronimo delegates filter handling to tomcat, and tomcat does not
support filtering on j_security_check.  See
http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=107558949928823&w=2

Their recommendation is to use a valve, which Geronimo supports via
the <valve-chain> element in web deployment plan.  However, taking
that approach may not be totally straight forward since after taking a
quick look it seems that the class implementing the valve must be
available in the tomcat container's classloader.  i.e. just including
the class in your webapp is not enough since it's in a separate
classloader.  The reusable valves in the org.apache.catalina.valves
package should be accessible in the tomcat container's classloader.
And AccessLogValve, in particular, may provide what you need.

Best wishes,
Paul