geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Trunk build failure in geronimo-openejb-builder w/ latest OpenEJB3 code
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:45:07 GMT

On Feb 6, 2007, at 5:06 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

> --- Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
>
>> On 2/6/07, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>  This will introduce cyclic dependency between openejb and geronimo
>>> build. David B. had an alternate solution.
>>
>> Does it mean that M2 is not able to handle cyclic dependency in a
>> satisfactory manner?
>
>     I have not tried this to give a definite answer.. The only
> situation where one would see the effects of this are during an
> offline
> build of geronimo and openejb from a clean repo. One must build
> geronimo until the build fails for openejb, then build openejb and
> then
> continue with rest of the geronimo build.

The really big issue is at release time, it's an absolute nightmare.
The worst.

This is a problem that has frustrated everyone and is one of the
things we really focused on and fixed in OpenEJB 3 and the new
integration (hallelujah!).  Here's an email from the not to distant
past.

   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/200612.mbox/%
3c872EAAD5-D091-4C71-A53B-2C92F8B2D910@visi.com%3e

-David