geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 02:35:59 GMT
On Feb 11, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:33 -0800, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> I have ported the OpenEJB 2 CORBA code and updated it to the OpenEJB
>> 3 APIs.  The code is contained in three new modules geronimo-corba,
>> geronimo-corba-builder and geronimo-yoko.
>
> Not being a CORBA nor Geronimo expert this may be a really dumb
> question .. but I'll ask anyway :). Is the OpenEJB CORBA code an
> alternative to Yoko? I thought Yoko also implemented IIOP etc..

It is the code that binds EJBs to an ORB.  The code is a set of CORBA
portable interceptors, security policies, adapters and a CORBA
servant.  Theoretically, the code will work with any modern orb, but
our experience is that every ORB is different.  The only ORB we
guarantee this code works with is Yoko.

-dain