geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trunk build failure in geronimo-openejb-builder w/ latest OpenEJB3 code
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 13:06:36 GMT

--- Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:

> On 2/6/07, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >  This will introduce cyclic dependency between openejb and geronimo
> > build. David B. had an alternate solution.
>
> Does it mean that M2 is not able to handle cyclic dependency in a
> satisfactory manner?

    I have not tried this to give a definite answer.. The only
situation where one would see the effects of this are during an offline
build of geronimo and openejb from a clean repo. One must build
geronimo until the build fails for openejb, then build openejb and then
continue with rest of the geronimo build.

> I saw the comment of Dave B. where he had said that there should've
> been more exclude's in OpenEJB's poms. When I compiled OE3 yesterday,
> I noticed lots of libs of Geronimo from past releases and thought to
> get rid of them, but didn't have time. I'm investigating it now.

   Compiling openejb with 1.2-beta is working satisfactorily. the
configs and hence assembled servers do not use any 1.2-beta jars. We
can continue to do the same as long as it compiles with 1.2-beta. The
exclusions do _confuse_ maven about which version of openejb specs to
use. The results are different from top, 'modules' and
'geronimo-openejb-builder' directory! Now geronimo and openejb use same
version of openejb spec hence this problem is not there.

Thanks
Anita

> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html