geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 06:26:24 GMT
On Feb 9, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> I have ported the OpenEJB 2 CORBA code and updated it to the
>> OpenEJB 3 APIs.  The code is contained in three new modules
>> geronimo-corba, geronimo-corba-builder and geronimo-yoko.
>>
>> The CORBA code is highly coupled to Geronimo so I put it in
>> Geronimo.  In the future, I would like to split this code into
>> OpenEJB specific code and Geronimo specific code, but that will
>> take a lot of effort that is currently better spent on Jee5.
>> Hopefully, later this year I'll get time to split the code, but
>> CORBA typically has a really low priority.
>>
>> Lastly, the code is ported, but not hooked up.  So, it isn't going
>> to work yet for the thousands of you that use CORBA :)
> For the one person here who does, what does "not hooked up"
> actually mean?  In other words, how an I going to be spending my
> time in the near future :-)

I figured you would be asking me that :)

All of the GBeans, interceptors, delegates, adapters, etc have been
ported over and I believe make the correct calls to the OpenEJB 3
deployments and containers.  The piece that is not hooked up is
deployment.  You'll need to hook the EjbModuleBuilder and add the TSS
link GBeans.  You will also need to enable the CSS naming builder.

I'm sure there are other things I missed, but that should be the bulk
of the work to hook it up.  Of course then there is the TCK to
contend with :)

-dain`