geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: TranQL and Derby 10.2
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:23:57 GMT
Just a heads up on this issue.  I looked at the problem and talked to
the Derby guys.  The method getProperties has been deprecated (well,
actually made private) on the client DataSources.  As a result our
code to parse and set the createDatabase property has been
regressed.  According to Dan Debrunner at Derby they would look at
fixing this problem by adding the appropriate setter and getter
methods on the client datasource so that it matches the embedded
datasource.  I've opened a JIRA and am tracking it.

If they don't have an answer this weekend I'll add code to hack
around it but hopefully they'll do the right thing :)

Not like WE never break compatibility ;-P