geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 2.0 Milestones - Assemblies and Certification - Do we need 8?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:11:34 GMT
On Feb 12, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I am a Jetty and Cayenne user, so I'd like a "Jetty + ? + Cayenne"
> combo :-)
>
> So while I do not agree with the implication that an informal
> popularity poll can provide a meaningful selection of a default
> configuration (as this thread shows it will still be mostly
> arbitrary), I agree with the approach outlined by Matt - certify a
> minimal number of combinations (hopefully just 2) that spans all
> supported individual components. The actual certified combos
> shouldn't matter, as long as there is an easy way to activate
> preferred components from the uber tarball.

For JPA it is easy there is a single string property that chooses the
default provider if the user didn't specify one.

BTW, I'm a very fickle user.  OpenJPA is currently working for me, if
Cayenne ends up working better, I'll switch.  Currently, OpenJPA
hangs the debugger on Mac, so when Cayenne is integrated into
OpenEJB, I'll be trying it out.

-dain