geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [test] run testsuite of 1.2beta fail because Unable to get resource from repository
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 03:52:01 GMT
Also, make sure that 'firefox-bin' is in your path... this is what
Selenium is going to execute on Linux not 'firefox'.  On my FC5
machine its here:

     /usr/lib64/firefox-1.5.0.9/firefox-bin

So, I have to add '/usr/lib64/firefox-1.5.0.9' to PATH for Selenium
to find it.

You could also try creating a script named 'firefox-bin' in ~/bin
(assuming thats in your PATH), which simply does:

<snip>
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/firefox $@
</snip>

I forget the reasons why they use firefox-bin, something to do with
effectively shutting down firefox after its down with it or
something.  Not sure if the above script works or not... it might end
up leaving firefox instances floating around your system...

--jason