geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 2.0 Milestones - Assemblies and Certification - Do we need 8?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:51:13 GMT
I am a Jetty and Cayenne user, so I'd like a "Jetty + ? + Cayenne"
combo :-)

So while I do not agree with the implication that an informal
popularity poll can provide a meaningful selection of a default
configuration (as this thread shows it will still be mostly
arbitrary), I agree with the approach outlined by Matt - certify a
minimal number of combinations (hopefully just 2) that spans all
supported individual components. The actual certified combos
shouldn't matter, as long as there is an easy way to activate
preferred components from the uber tarball.

Andrus