geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to deploy an EJB3.0 sample app
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:52:51 GMT
I have created a sample application out of the
calculator-stateless-pojo example in OpenEJB 3.0

It is checked in here -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/samples/trunk/calculator-stateless-pojo/

The app tries to demonstrate dependency injection of the bean into a
servlet and obviates the need for the deployment-descriptor.

But I learnt from David Blevins that while the app may not need a DD,
geronimo doesn't yet support ear archives with no ejb-jar.xml. It
doesn't know to give them to openejb. Hence under his guidance I put a
dummy ejb-jar.xml and a minimum geronimo-web.xml.

When I try to deploy this app, it fails with the following error:

   Error: Unable to distribute calculator-stateless-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear:
   Module was not an EJB: calculator-stateless-ejb-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Am I missing anything else here ? Can someone please help ?

Thanx in advance
Prasad