geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problems with web-app_2_5.xsd in specs/tags/geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec-1.1-M1/src/main/schema/??
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:06:24 GMT
I recall a flurry of activity to replace the sun schemas found in the
earlier servlet spec jars with ones we wrote.  However it looks to me
as if this did not extend to the web-app_2_5.xsd schema which looks
to me as if it has all of the sun annotations in it.

It also appears to have the license before the xml declaration,
making it invalid xml, and I see weird characters near the http-
methodType:

     <xsd:simpleType name="â㾀栀琀琀瀀ⴀ洀攀琀栀漀搀吀
礀瀀攀耀?">
         <xsd:annotation>
             <xsd:documentation>
                 A HTTP method type as defined in HTTP 1.1 section 2.2.
             </xsd:documentation>
         </xsd:annotation>
         <xsd:restriction base="â㾀砀猀搀㨀琀漀欀攀渀
耀?">
             <xsd:pattern value="â㾀嬀尀瀀笀䰀紀ⴀ嬀尀瀀
笀䌀挀紀尀瀀笀娀紀崀崀⬀耀?" />
         </xsd:restriction>

     </xsd:simpleType>

This doesn't really make it harder for me to interpret the regexp,
but it is more confusing.

Any ideas on what if anything we should do?

thanks
david jencks