geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trunk build failure: NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/stream/XMLStreamException
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 20:27:34 GMT
I ran into this last night and changing versions of the xmlbeans
plugin had no effect for me.

After some study I believe but can't yet prove that after the maven
folks telling me it was absolutely impossible to fix the xmlbeans
2.0.0 pom so it was correct, it got changed to a new and differently
broken form.  I don't think this has anything to do with snapshots,
but rather instability of the allegedly permanent non-snapshot maven
repo.

Does anyone know if there is a changelog for the central repo?

thanks
david jencks

On Dec 27, 2006, at 5:18 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Thanks Kevan for looking into this.
>
> This is one of the big issues I have with mvn and SNAPSHOT
> artifacts... other peoples projects can break your projects build
> with out any notice, no change log, and in many cases hours of
> someone debugging a build to figure it out.
>
> Perhaps we should simply not use *any* SNAPSHOT artifacts anymore?
> And only use timestamp-build artifacts when non-released (snapshot
> deployed) artifacts need to be consumed.  The chances of those
> *just changing* and breaking things are slimmer... though the
> chance of them disappearing from a repo are much higher.
>
> We could always fix that by finally setting up our own repo in svn,
> maybe here for now:
>
>     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repository
>
> Might hold anywhere from 50-100 megs of artifacts to support a
> Geronimo Server build.  And we could probably just start out with
> some of the more risky artifacts, like this timestamp-build
> artifact (and move over the local repos that are in the server/
> trunk build).
>
> Though eventually it would be nice to simply be able to prime the
> local repo and build offline:
>
>     svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/repository
>     cp -r repository/* ~/.m2/repository
>     svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk
> server
>     cd server
>     mvn -o
>
> Though I'm not sure if the current ASF httpd config for
> svn.apache.org will handle this well.   I know that its possible to
> setup httpd+svn to behave optimally for this, just not sure that
> the ASF config asis will or not.
>
> --jason
>

> On Dec 27, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

>> On Dec 26, 2006, at 6:55 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>>
>>> I've run the server/trunk build twice on JDK 1.5 twice from a
>>> clean repo, both times it fails here:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> [INFO]
>>> --------
>>> [INFO] Building Geronimo :: Service :: Builder
>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>>> [INFO]
>>> --------
>>> [INFO] snapshot org.codehaus.mojo:xmlbeans-maven-plugin:2.0.1-
>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache-snapshots
>>> [INFO] snapshot org.codehaus.mojo:xmlbeans-maven-plugin:2.0.1-
>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
>>> [INFO] snapshot org.codehaus.mojo:xmlbeans-maven-plugin:2.0.1-
>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots
>>> Downloading: http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/
>>> codehaus/mojo/xmlbeans-maven-plugin/2.0.1-SNAPSHOT/xmlbeans-maven-
>>> plugin-2.0.1-20061223.141616-9.pom
>>> 5K downloaded
>>> Downloading: http://repository.codehaus.org/org/codehaus/mojo/
>>> mojo/11/mojo-11.pom
>>> 7K downloaded
>>> Downloading: http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/
>>> codehaus/mojo/xmlbeans-maven-plugin/2.0.1-SNAPSHOT/xmlbeans-maven-
>>> plugin-2.0.1-20061223.141616-9.jar
>>> 30K downloaded
>>> [INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-
>>> version}]