geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using PortableRemoteObject narrow in EJB ( 2.0-M1)
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:18:09 GMT
Ok, one other item we don't support is an ear with an ejbjar, with no
application.xml, nor an ejb-jar.xml.  The EARConfigBuilder needs to
inspect classes for any ejb related annotations in order to classify
it as an ejbjar.  Same goes for other modules contained in an ear
with no module or application dd.

However, we can't check for module specific annotations in the
EARConfigBuilder, so do we need to consider adding a new method to
the ModuleBuilder interface (ex. isModule(JarFile)) so that the
individual builders can check for specific annotations and have
something abstract that the EARConfigBuilder can invoke?

On Jan 23, 2007, at 11:05 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2007, at 7:52 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> Rick,
>>
>> Should we be initializing this as a dependency of j2ee-system or
>> another component?  Seems like users should get this for free and
>> not have to declare their own dependency.
>
> IIRC the way things are set up now you get the orbs started when
> you declare this dependency.  I think that's the reason I didn't
> add the dependency when I ran into this problem.
>
> Perhaps we could add a classes rather than all dependency from the
> default environment of the ejb-ref builders.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> I now pause in silence waiting for the mighty ORBitor of truth to
>> speak.
>>
>> On Jan 23, 2007, at 9:36 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>>
>>> The RMI code (i.e,, PortableRemoteObject) is dependent on the
>>> Corba support getting properly initialized.  Your application
>>> needs to have a dependency on the sj2ee-corba-yoko config, which
>>> handles all of that.
>>>
>>> Rick

>> Matt Hogstrom
>> matt@hogstrom.org
>>
>> "Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder these days no one
>> talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?"

-sachin