geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Using PortableRemoteObject narrow in EJB ( 2.0-M1)
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:52:06 GMT
Rick,

Should we be initializing this as a dependency of j2ee-system or
another component?  Seems like users should get this for free and not
have to declare their own dependency.

I now pause in silence waiting for the mighty ORBitor of truth to speak.

On Jan 23, 2007, at 9:36 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> The RMI code (i.e,, PortableRemoteObject) is dependent on the Corba
> support getting properly initialized.  Your application needs to
> have a dependency on the sj2ee-corba-yoko config, which handles all
> of that.
>
> Rick
>
> Krishnakumar B wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If i use PortableRemoteObject narrow in a servlet i get a exception.
>>
>> [TestHome testHome = (TestHome) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(result,
>> TestHome.class);]
>>
>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>>     javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>
>> (PortableRemoteObject.java:36)
>>     org.apache.geronimo.test.TomcatTestServlet.doGet
>> (TomcatTestServlet.java:35)
>>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693)
>>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
>>

>> root cause
>>
>> org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Can not create Util delegate:
>> org.apache.openejb.corba.util.UtilDelegateImpl:  vmcid: 0x0 minor
>> code: 0x0  completed: No
>>     javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.<clinit>(Util.java:47)
>>     javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>
>> (PortableRemoteObject.java:36)
>>     org.apache.geronimo.test.TomcatTestServlet.doGet
>> (TomcatTestServlet.java:35)
>>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693)
>>     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
>>
>> I cast the object to EJB Home object when i do a lookup and it works.
>> [TestHome result = (TestHome)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/
>> TestBean");]
>>
>> Is this method supported?
>>
>> Regards
>> Krish

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

"Have you noticed since everyone has a camcorder these days no one
talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?"