geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Fei Fei" <micro.soft....@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Build geronimo failed..Is this maven's probleam or openejb( or geronimo?)?
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 07:06:59 GMT

>A Fei,
>I recommend you cleanup your local repo a bit. One of the repo  servers has
>been serving up some bad content recently...
>
>Start by removing \.m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\genesis (and  all sub
>dirs). If that doesn't work (or you want to skip to the heavy  handed
>approach), just wipe out your whole repo -- .m2\repository
>
>Let us know if this helps...
>
>--kevan

Thank you kevan and thanks for all give assistance to me.
Now.as though new probleam was happened.
I removed .m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\genesis ,and I run command
again:

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -v
Maven version: 2.0.4

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -e clean install
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   OpenEJB
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests Beans
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests Client
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests App
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Loader
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Java Agent
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Java EE
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Core
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Client
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Core
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: EJBd
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Admin
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Http
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Telnet
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: XFire
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Axis
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: ActiveMQ
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: CORBA
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Derby Network Service
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Hsql
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: HelloWorld Stateful POJO
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Calculator Stateless Pojo
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Counter Stateful Pojo
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: EJB Injection
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Resource Injection
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Telephone Stateful Pojo
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/t
ools-maven-plugin/1.1/tools-maven-plugin-1.1.pom
1K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/p
lugins/1.1/plugins-1.1.pom
5K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/genesis/1
.1/genesis-1.1.pom
6K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/t
ools-maven-plugin/1.1/tools-maven-plugin-1.1.jar
22K downloaded
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building OpenEJB
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\classes
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\test-classes
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/p
lugin-support/1.1/plugin-support-1.1.pom
1011b downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/p
lugin-support/1.1/plugin-support-1.1.jar
47K downloaded
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.
logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have
mor
e than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not
all
owed. (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Invalid c
lass loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.lo
gging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.) (Caused by
org.apache.commons.logging
.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException
: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache
.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused by
org.apache.commo
ns.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You
have
more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is
not
allowed.))
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
[...]
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:543)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:235)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:209)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
        at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.logging.Logging.init(Logging.java:44)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.<init>(MojoSupport.java:81)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.plugins.tools.RequireJavaVersionMojo.<ini
t>(RequireJavaVersionMojo.java:36)
Method)

        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
orAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newIn
stance(JavaComponentFactory.java:44)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.createComponentInstance(De
faultPlexusContainer.java:1464)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.create
ComponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:93)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.PerLookupComponentManager.getCo
mponent(PerLookupComponentManager.java:48)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:331)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:440)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(Defaul
tPluginManager.java:524)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:390)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.comm
ons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You
have
more than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is
not
allowed. (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
Inval
id class loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.common
s.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogF
actoryImpl.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:529)
        ... 37 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid
class l
oader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.
Log' visible, which is not allowed.
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogF
actoryImpl.java:385)
        ... 38 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 27 14:37:32 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/17M
[INFO]

I guess this prob about of common logging.and I have more
commons-logging-*.jar in runtime environment:
E:\IDE\Maven204\lib\commons-logging-1.1.jar
.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.0.4\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.1\commons-logging-1.1.jar

If I remove file E:\IDE\Maven204\lib\commons-logging-1.1.jar,run the command
will throw an error of java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/logging/Log.so I move file
.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.1\commons-logging-1.1.jar
to dir E:\IDE\Maven204\lib\,and I delete .m2\repository\commons-logging,run
command again:

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -e clean install
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building OpenEJB
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\classes
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\test-classes
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4
/commons-logging-1.0.4.pom
5K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.3
/commons-logging-1.0.3.pom
866b downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4
/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
37K downloaded
[...]

[INFO] Total time: 6 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 27 14:57:43 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/16M
[INFO]

I do search with google,use keyword "Invalid class loader hierarchy. You
have more than one version",the results list many question like this,but
cannot found any answer can resolve my prob.

Thaks again.
-A Fei-