geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] J2G Conversion tool acceptance
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:40:39 GMT

On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> This is the formal vote to accept the J2G codebase and bring it
> through incubation (see
> dev&m=116906208022256&w=2)
> The final destination is to be part of the geronimo devtool
> subproject.
> (see
> dev&m=116958894929809&w=2)
> The code donation is located at:
> [ ] +1 lets bring it in, this is great
> [ ]  0 do what ever you want, not my cup of tea
> [ ] -1 keep it out of our sight, I have a good reason
> Optional
> [ ] I'm willing to mentor this project while it is in incubation
> [ ] I'm willing to champion the effort while it is in incubation

As I mentioned on the previous thread. I'm in favor of accepting the
donation. However, I think the IBM and Axmor copyrights removed from
the src code donation (and replaced with Apache src license headers).
The donation would be noted in a NOTICE. I'm withholding vote, until
there's a response on this subject.

As regards incubation -- I believe there are two members of the
Geronimo community that can fulfill that task -- Matt or Dims (must
be an officer or member). We the general plebeian community ;-) can
help, but only one or the other can submit the required paperwork to
the incubator.

View raw message