geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web Builders
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 04:50:12 GMT

On Jan 10, 2007, at 10:36 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

>     I am trying to use javaee5 xbeans in webservices-builder.

I don't think that will work.  the current webservices-builder module
is for jaxrpc and it uses different xml than javaee, and javaee
doesn't include any version of that xml (something we can all be very
happy about :-)

Most of the stuff in webservices-builder was to support the jaxrpc
mapping mess, which has been totally replaced by jaxb.  I think we
can leave webservices-builder as is, perhaps labeling it so its clear
it refers to jaxrpc and not jaxws, and see if we need a universal
module for jaxws.  At this point I don't know: it's quite possible
that both cxf and axis2 include 90% of the stuff they need and the
remaining 10% is easier to implement specific to the ws container.
It's also possible we can use a common module.  I think we need to
get more of both working before we know.... unless some experts who
actually know cxf and axis2 speak up :-)

thanks
david jencks