geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Invalid xmlbeans tree for javaee 5
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:26:33 GMT
Dain and I are still hacking away and we just ran into this issue.
It seems the xmlbeans tree from javaee 5 is invalid and needs to be
recreated.

Anytime someone either in a servlet or ejb declares a
PersistenceContext ref of persistence-context-type 'Transaction',
deployment will fail with an error like the following:

     Error: Unable to distribute
     openejb-itests-beans-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar: Could not
validate
     xmlObject of type
     T=persistence-context-refType@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee

         Invalid deployment descriptor: [error: cvc-enumeration-valid:
     string value 'Transaction' is not a valid enumeration value for
     persistence-context-typeType in namespace
     http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee]

     Descriptor: <xml-fragment
     xmlns:jav="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee">

     <jav:persistence-context-ref-
name>org.apache.openejb.test.stateful.AnnotatedFieldInjectionStatefulBea
n/em</jav:persistence-context-ref-name>

     <jav:persistence-unit-name>openjpa-test-unit</jav:persistence-
unit-name>

     <jav:persistence-context-type>Transaction</jav:persistence-
context-type>

     </xml-fragment>

This obviously wrong as the javaee_5.xsd defines <persistence-context-
type> as follows:

   <xsd:complexType name="persistence-context-typeType">
     <xsd:annotation>
       <xsd:documentation>

	The persistence-context-typeType specifies the transactional
	nature of a persistence context reference.

	The value of the persistence-context-type element must be
	one of the following:
	    Transaction
             Extended

       </xsd:documentation>
     </xsd:annotation>
     <xsd:simpleContent>
       <xsd:restriction base="javaee:string">
	<xsd:enumeration value="Transaction"/>
	<xsd:enumeration value="Extended"/>
       </xsd:restriction>
     </xsd:simpleContent>
   </xsd:complexType>

Anyway we can get this done really fast?

-David