geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to deploy an EJB3.0 sample app -- Thank you Prasad
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:36:47 GMT
You're right, I forgot about the naming conventions.  So if you take
a look at the //TODO I put on line 778 of EARConfigBuilder, we'll
still have to call to inspect the ejbjar candidate.  As far as the
library support, I added it a while back see EARConfigBuilder line
500.  "lib" is used if the libraryDirectory element is not specified.

As far as

On Jan 24, 2007, at 8:40 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Only ejb modules are identified by scanning for annotations.  IIRC
> from the jee5 spec the following rules are used to identify modules:
>
> Web - filenames ends with .war
> Connector - filename ends with .rar
> Persistence - contains META-INF/persistence.xml
> EJB - scan for EJB annotations
> AppClient - does not contain EJB annotations, and has a Main-Class
> declared in the manifest
> Library - none of the above, and in the proper location in the ear
> (don't remember the list)
>
> As you can see, only EJB modules are scanned the rest have very
> simple rules and cheap rules.
>
> -dain
>
> On Jan 24, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>
>> As I mentioned before, what I think needs to be done is rename
>> EjbConfigBuilder.isEjbAnnotatedModule() to isAnnotatedModule
>> (JarFile jar) and introduce this in the ModuleBuilder interface
>> since the other ModuleBuilders will need to implement it.
>> EARConfigBuilder can then invoke the method through the interface
>> on each of the ModuleBuilder's to identify the module type.
>>
>> If there are no objections to this doing it this way, I'll take
>> care of it.
>>
>> On Jan 24, 2007, at 4:16 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>>
>>> No I mean an ear with no applicaiton.xml and the ear contains a
>>> ejbjar, with no ejb-jar.xml

>>> -sachin
>>>

>> -sachin

-sachin