geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Using JIRA
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:46:04 GMT

On Jan 24, 2007, at 6:48 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> I think that Jira is working correctly as is.  It should not show up
> on the radar, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/geronimo, until
> someone makes a commitment to fixing it for a particular release at
> which time the issue gets assigned "Fix Version/s".  If you look at
>
> I was under the impression that the "Fix Version/s" represents the
> versions in which the reporter would like to see the fix, but not
> as a commitment from someone to fix it in a release.  May be a wiki
> page with details on how to use the JIRA will help.  Or is there
> one already??

Well, we could manage the issues that way.   But, imo, the dashboard
is much more useful as tactical display as to what is going to be
done for what version.  This informs users what is coming down the
pipeline.

If we switch to versions that the reporter would like to see the fix
several things will happen.  It is likely that the reporter will mark
the next version as the version to fix.  It is also possible that it
would not get fixed for that version.  When this occurs, we would
have to ask all the reports to update their wish list.  Also, the
dashboard would then become a display of wish lists with no clear
visibility as to what will get released when.

The best way that a reporter can indicate his/her opinion on when it
should get fixed is via priority.

I think that there is a wiki page somewhere...

Regards,
Alan