geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: trunk build failure
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 08:52:18 GMT
On Jan 12, 2007, at 9:43 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> I just added a dep.on commons-logging in jetty6-builder to temporarily
> work around it. I think that dep. used to be pulled in through jetty6
> through testsupport-common dep. which was recently removed.

geronimo-jetty6 was only defining the testsupport-common dependency
so that it could exclude any selenium jars (which pulled in old
versions of Jetty), since all modules pick up testsupport-common as a
test dep by default.  It should have set the scope to test though,
which was why commons-logging was available to that module with out
an explicit dependency reference.

I am however surprised that JCL is not being picked up from geronimo-
kernel...

<snip>
mvn -Ptools tools:show-dependencies -Dverbose=true
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building Geronimo :: Jetty 6 :: Builder
[INFO]    task-segment: [tools:show-dependencies]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [tools:show-dependencies]
[INFO] org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-jetty6-builder:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=null }
[INFO]     org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-jetty6:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]         org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-connector:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]             org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-security:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]                 activeio:activeio:jar { version=2.0-r118,
scope=compile }
[INFO]                 org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-
jacc_1.1_spec:jar { version=1.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]             org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-j2ee:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]                 org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-
ejb_2.1_spec:jar { version=1.0.1, scope=compile }
[INFO]             org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-common:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]             org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-naming:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]                 org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-
jta_1.1_spec:jar { version=1.0, scope=compile }
[INFO]                 org.apache.xbean:xbean-naming:jar
{ version=2.7, scope=compile }
[INFO]             org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-kernel:jar
{ version=2.0-SNAPSHOT, scope=compile }
[INFO]                 xstream:xstream:jar { version=1.1.3,
scope=compile }
[INFO]                 commons-logging:commons-logging:jar
{ version=1.0.4, scope=compile }
</snip>

Looks like it should be included.  But I've been up for too long, 4
hour delay on the flight home :-(  Will double check tomorrow.

--jason