geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reason for sequence in XSD's
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:52:36 GMT

> >> Anyone got an idea, why it is so? I hope I am not missing something
> >> important here.
>
> >I think it was mostly my preference plus a vague attempt to imitate
> >the spec schemas.  It's definitely not written in stone :-)  Maybe we
> >should see what other people like.

I think it is generally easier to pick up and learn and if there is a set
order to the elements.  Also, I think it makes it easier to go from one
document to another if you know where to look in the document for the
specific element you might be looking for.  Is there a specific reason to
not have a set order?  I'm having trouble imagining a case where it would be
necessary to change the order of the elements.