geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r498911 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: ./ assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/src/main/resources/
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:31:50 GMT

On Jan 23, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> How do we handle the following requirement of the Sun CDDL?
>
> +3.1. Availability of Source Code.
> +
> +Any Covered Software that You distribute or otherwise make available
> +in Executable form must also be made available in Source Code form
> and
> +that Source Code form must be distributed only under the terms of
> this
> +License.
>
> Does this mean we have to supply a URL somewhere in the runtime
> assemblies to where the original source code can be downloaded from?

Hi Donald,
Thanks for looking this over. Good to know that another set of eyes
have passed over it...

Yes. I think we're ok, in this regard. Although I'm quite capable of
missing something...

For each CDDL licensed jar file, we have to give a pointer to the
source code. I've done this by adding urls in our NOTICE.txt file to
the relevant java.net project. Where I could identify a specific
project (e.g. JAX-WS https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/), I included a
specific url to that project. Otherwise, I gave a general url to the
Glassfish project -- https://glassfish.dev.java.net/

--kevan