geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE at org.apache.geronimo.security.SubjectId.hashCode(SubjectId.java:79)
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 00:40:12 GMT

On Jan 15, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The topic has already been discussed, but I couldn't find a jira
> issue for it.
>
> I've just build a fresh Geronimo 2.0-SNAPSHOT and tried to run it with
> ./bin/startup.sh which failed with the exception:
>
> 22:46:36,859 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
> now in the FAILED state:
> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/webconsole-tomcat/2.0-
> SNAPSHOT/car?J2EEApp
> lication=org.apache.geronimo.configs/webconsole-tomcat/2.0-SNAPSHOT/
> car,j2eeType=JACCManager,name=JACCManager"
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at org.apache.geronimo.security.SubjectId.hashCode
> (SubjectId.java:79)
>        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:401)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.security.ContextManager.registerSubject
> (ContextManager.java:269)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.security.jacc.ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManage
> r.<init>(ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManager.java:109)
>
> As Kevan once pointed out, I could run the server with java -jar
> bin/server.jar successfully. I don't have Java SE 6, though.
>
> Does anyone work on it? Has a jira issue been rised?

Hi Jacek,
I don't recall a jira or anyone working on this. Check your JAVA_HOME
or JRE_HOME settings. Something isn't right.

We're hitting this problem frequently enough, that we ought to see if
we can detect in geronimo.sh/.bat. If you could raise a jira and
explain why it's failing in your environment, that would be a good
first step.

--kevan