geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.0-M2 Milestone ready for review and JACC Specs
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 03:39:06 GMT

On Jan 27, 2007, at 1:01 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> All,
>
> I have made the binaries from Geronimo 2.0-M2 available for review at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/2.0-M2-rc1
>
> In this directory you will find the various assemblies for your
> review as well as one massive tar ball that has the various
> artifacts that will ultimately be distributed.
>
> The files are being uploaded as this is being written so give them
> some time.
>
> Also included in this vote are the artifacts for the JACC spec 1.0-
> M2 which is required for 2.0-M2.
>
> Remember...this is a milestone and not a full release.
>
> Thanks for David Blevins for being quite the helper tonight in
> getting the Release Notes in line and helping out with Open EJB.

As Prasad has noted in a separate thread, EJB@ injection for Jetty is
not working. Matt can confirm, but I believe that he intentionally
did not merge the latest changes from trunk into the M2 branch. A
release manager needs to draw the line somewhere, and this allowed
him to get the RC candidate built. I was (and still am) fine with
delivering M2 with this limitation. We've got a lot of great
function, here. I'm looking forward to getting on to making more
great progress like this.

I suggest we update the release notes to reflect this EJB@
limitation. Something like:

- EJB 3.0 (via OpenEJB project)
   Supported:
      - @EJB injection of ejb-refs and ejb-local-refs (Tomcat)

   Limitations:
      - No support for MDBs.
      - @EJB injection of ejb-refs and ejb-local-refs (Jetty)

I've tested both jee5 assemblies. The source and binary look good.
With an update to the release notes, I'm +1.

--kevan