geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Assemblies assemblies everywhere and which one to ship?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:27:14 GMT
Geir,

What are the specifics around claiming certification?  My
understanding is that to claim an assembly as certified that specific
configuration is tested and made available.  Apart from that we can
ship any permutation but cannot claim those as certified.  So if we
TCK tested:

Tomcat Axis OpenJPA and
Jetty CXF Cayenne

then

Tomcat CXF OpenJPA would not be considered a certified release.   It
would most likely work but we couldn't claim that specific assembly
as certified.

Is that correct?

On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:53 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> How hard is it to switch between the different assemblies once the
>> TCK
>> testing environment is setup? If it is easy enough, maybe we should
>> first test all 8 assemblies and then concentrate on only those that
>> pass the most tests.
>
> I guess I have the opposite point of view :-).  I suspect if we get
> all the tests passing for each component in one configuration, they
> will pretty much pass in all the other configurations, e.g. if cxf
> + jetty + openjpa works then cxf + tomcat + cayenne will work too,
> so the main chore will be to verify this.  If it's simple enough to
> run the tck this won't be impossibly difficult to test all the
> combinations, just take a bunch of machine time.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> Jarek
>>
>> On 1/9/07, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think testing say (Tomcat+Axis2+OpenJPA) and (Jetty+CXF
>>> +Cayenne) is
>>> enough. All components should be tested at least once. If we get
>>> time,
>>> we could do more :)
>>>
>>> -- dims

>>> many of