geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject [Code donation] J2G Conversion tool
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:19:58 GMT

IBM has together with in a joint effort with Covalent developed a JBoss
to Geronimo conversion tool. This tool is used when converting
applications from JBoss to Geronimo, and automatically converts the
configuration file from one app server to the other.

We feel that this piece of software adds value to Geronimo and users
adopting Geronimo and would like to see this effort continue as part of
the Geronimo project, a plugin or a sub project of Geronimo.

The initial donation is for version 1.0 of this tool, and while a 1.1 is
in the making to improve 1.0, 1.1 is not yet complete but will be
donated as soon as the community feels that this tool belongs at the
ASF, more specifically within the Geronimo project.

If you'd think this tool is valuable, but believe it should go through
incubation, we would hope that a Geronimo committer would step up and
champion this effort.

The tool, including IBM's CCLA, can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/j2g/j2g.html (Covalent will file the
CCLA upon request)

thanks for your time,
Filip