geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS - LDAP - Geronimo Plugins
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:56:26 GMT
Right, but why leave it in the normal modules build, which slows down
the builds for everyone and introduces more churn to the server when
newer levels of ApacheDS comes out (like 1.0)?

I would rather see the directory module moved to the plugins directory
and only built and published by gbuild when a change occurs.

If we want to start using plugins for more "options" outside of the
required JEE 5 features, then why not start by cleaning up the
server/trunk and remove all samples and add-ons?  I'd be glad to create
a patch to remove ApacheDS from trunk and recreate it under
geronimo/plugins for both the 0.92 and 1.0 levels.

-Donald