geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Unable to deploy an EJB3.0 sample app -- Thank you Prasad
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 01:40:36 GMT
Only ejb modules are identified by scanning for annotations.  IIRC
from the jee5 spec the following rules are used to identify modules:

Web - filenames ends with .war
Connector - filename ends with .rar
Persistence - contains META-INF/persistence.xml
EJB - scan for EJB annotations
AppClient - does not contain EJB annotations, and has a Main-Class
declared in the manifest
Library - none of the above, and in the proper location in the ear
(don't remember the list)

As you can see, only EJB modules are scanned the rest have very
simple rules and cheap rules.

-dain