geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is GERONIMO_HOME not passed into the server?
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:13:09 GMT
> One slight convenience I thought of would be to add a flag to the
> Maven2Repository to determine if it resolves root against the base or
> server directory from serverinfo.  With what we have now, you'd
> presumably put the new repo inside var, but then if you used the
> command line to relocate var, you'd have to override the root
> location in config.xml so the correct repo was picked up.  With a
> flag in the repo gbean, the standard repo could be resolved against
> base but the additional repo from the plugin could be resolved
> against server.

I think that is a good suggestion.  You mean adding an attribute, like
"relative" or "rootBase", which would support values of "server" or
"base"?  The code currently checks if root is absolute, but we could
allow a value of "absolute".

My other question is, what about hot deployment?  I am not that
familiar with how it works.  In what repo are hot-deployed
applications placed?  Is there a way to configure it?  It seems now
that if you don't specify a target on deploy, the module is deployed
to *all* repos.  I don't think that is the best default, in light of
this separation and sharing discussion.

Thanks
Ted Kirby