geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Why is GERONIMO_HOME not passed into the server?
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:40:00 GMT
Providing the org.apache.geronimo.home.dir system property to allow
the home directory to be passed in is good, but if this is not used
(and I'd don't feel it should be required/used in the normal case),
DirectoryUtils.getGeronimoInstallDirectory() is used to determine the
home directory.  This method uses machinations that do not resolve
correctly if the home directory is a symbolic link.  Since the
invoking geronimo script sets and uses GERONIMO_HOME, why does it not
pass this value into the server?  I would think that BasicServerInfo
would want to set baseDirectory to GERONIMO_HOME (if the
org.apache.geronimo.home.dir system property is not set), and invoke
DirectoryUtils.getGeronimoInstallDirectory() only if GERONIMO_HOME is
not set.