geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Code donation] J2G Conversion tool
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:26:57 GMT

On Jan 17, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> +1 on the CCLA's with a patch submission.  If it's a considerable
> piece of code perhaps a software grant may be in order.
>
> There is no reason why something this small should incubate.

It seems to match the incubator guidelines for code donations pretty
well. You may disagree with these guidelines, but the incubation
process for code donations (which are being accepted by an existing
project) seems lightweight enough... I don't see why we shouldn't
follow it... It's 2 days of waiting + some extra paper work
collecting info that we should probably have anyway...

--kevan