geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Why is GERONIMO_HOME not passed into the server?
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:38:51 GMT
I think in order to allow multiple instances to work off of the same
installation effectively we need to have a tiered repository support,
so that each instance could include a shared read-only repository
(the system repository), and then a read-write repository (instance
repository), where artifact resolution would first check the instance
repo, then the system repo.

If we do want to start supporting this, I suggest we also revisit the
basic server's file structure, as we will need to insert a hierarchy
for the instance data.

--jason