geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: EJB 3 integration status
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:28:28 GMT
I hacked in support for @EJB in servlets in web modules, and tested
it with the calculator sample.  It seems to work, but I only had one
ref to test, so let me know if you have any problems.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to remove the requirement to have a
geronimo-openejb.xml file.

On Jan 24, 2007, at 6:00 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> Dain may have a better idea of which CMP2 features are lacking.
> I'll let him go into detail about that.

Tested:
   cmp-fileds
   one-to-one bi-directional cmr
   one-to-many bi-directional cmr
   many-to-one bi-directional cmr
   finders

Should work:
   many-to-many cmr
   uni-directional cmr
   primary-key mapped to foreign-key

Won't work:
   ejb select
   compound pk
   unknown pk

Not Implemented
   generation of entity-mappings.xml

One big annoying thing is you need an ejb-context-ref in each cmp
bean that points to the jpa context and the ref name must be openejb/
cmp.  For example,

   <persistence-context-ref>
     <persistence-context-ref-name>openejb/cmp</persistence-context-
ref-name>
     <persistence-unit-name>cmp</persistence-unit-name>
   </persistence-context-ref>

You can use the full power of JPA for your mappings as long as it
matches the cmp bean class.

That's it.

-dain