geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r494291 - in /geronimo/server/branches/1.2: assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/ modules/geronimo-client-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/client/builder/jsr88/ modules/geronimo-connector-builder/src/main/java/org/apache/geronim...
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:06:48 GMT

On Jan 8, 2007, at 11:00 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2007, at 8:21 PM, kevan@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: kevan
>> Date: Mon Jan  8 17:21:35 2007
>> New Revision: 494291

>> Log:
>> Fix some deploy problems. geronimo-deploy-config needs to be in lib.
>
> What goes wrong if it isn't?  I wondered if this would be a problem.
>
>> New Configurers needed to be serializable...
>
> what happens if they aren't?  If we can't get away from this we
> should make ModuleConfigurer extend Serializable...
>
> I don't like adding more and more to lib..... if this is only
> needed for jsr88 stuff I think we should consider starting up
> something on request to load the configurer gbeas and register
> them, using the repo.

Agreed about lib.

TCK was on the floor and I wanted to get it up and running. All of
these changes need to be reviewed and would prefer they be addressed
differently. Apologies for the brevity of my commit message. I would
have followed up with a note last night, but was needed at home.

geronimo-deploy-config was needed in lib to fix a NoClassDefFoundError.

Take a look at MANIFEST.MF in lib/geronimo-deploy-jsr88-1.2-
SNAPSHOT.jar. The manifest refers to geronimo-deploy-config, stax-
api, and xbean. I was able to get things running by adding geronimo-
deploy-config in lib. So, I didn't add stax and xbean to lib. Clearly
we need to clean up the jsr88 manifest...

I'll follow up with additional data for both issues on the geronimo-
tck mailing list...

--kevan