geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using JIRA
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:48:20 GMT
On 1/20/07, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2007, at 6:12 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> > it may sound weird asking this now but I'm either creating JIRAs
> > the wrong way or we are not displaying the all the info in http://
> > issues.apache.org/jira/browse/geronimo (or I just don't know how to
> > read it)
> >
> > On the JIRA front page for GERONIMO you can see open issues due to
> > be fixed per version.
> > When I create a JIRA for a specific version I normally specify the
> > "affected version" (let's say 2.0-M2) in the *Affects Version/s:*
> > box and leave the *Fix Version/s:* empty as I don't really know for
> > sure when that issue is going to be fixed unless I am the assignee.
> >
> > This issue I just created does not get listed (counted actually)
> > for that particular version in the project's JIRA home page.
> >
> > Is this query is automatically provided by JIRA or we can customize
> > it to show the affected version instead?
> > At this particular point in time the actual setting show 5 open
> > issues, if we could change it to affected versions it would show 16.
> >
> > Does this make any sense at all?
> >
> > Again, it might be just me not really understanding how to use JIRAs.
> >
> > Comments appreciated
>
> I think that Jira is working correctly as is.  It should not show up
> on the radar, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/geronimo, until
> someone makes a commitment to fixing it for a particular release at
> which time the issue gets assigned "Fix Version/s".  If you look at

I was under the impression that the "Fix Version/s" represents the versions
in which the reporter would like to see the fix, but not as a commitment
from someone to fix it in a release.  May be a wiki page with details on how
to use the JIRA will help.  Or is there one already??

the description below the Versions column on the home page you will