geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject 2.0-M1 configs in the maven snapshot repo
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:00:46 GMT
The 2.0-M1 configs published in the snapshot repo don't work with 2.0
any more because of the serialVersionUID added to GOperationInfo in
rev487505.  Looks like the configs were published one day before this
change (just my luck).    As a result, when I try to start a config
imported from the snapshot repo I see :

13:28:12,673 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/servlet-examples-tomcat/2.0-M1-SNAPSHOT/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/servlet-examples-tomcat/2.0-M1-SNAPSHOT/car"
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unable to
deserialize GBeanState
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.loadGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:120)
        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SerializedGBeanState.getGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:65)
[...]
Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException:
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GOperationInfo; local class incompatible:
stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 5185515581104192976, local class
serialVersionUID = -5593225815559931812
        at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:519)
[...]

I think that republishing the configs built from trunk to the snapshot
repo would clear this up.  What's the procedure for doing that?  If
someone wants to handle it then that would be just fine with me :-)
But if I do it myself then are there things I should pay extra
attention to?  I don't want to break anyone's development environment.

Best wishes,
Paul