geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader, JNDI and Dependency views in console
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:52:26 GMT

> Paul,
> Are you suggesting that we should start architecting the console to
> be more pluggable? Or suggesting that Rakesh rewrite these viewers?

We've talked about architecting the console to be more pluggable and
I'm definitely in favor of that.  But until that effort gets underway
we still have the capability to make UIs pluggable into Geronimo by
implementing them as standalone webapps.  ca-helper is a good example
of this approach.   So really my question was whether or not Rakesh
would consider wrappering the viewers as webapps that can then be
installed as Geronimo plugins instead of integrating them directly
into the console as portlets.  If that's not going to work out then
I'm fine with Donald's suggestion of integrating in their current form
and making them into plugins later.  The viewers are definitely a
value contribution to Geronimo and I look forward to seeing them in
our next release.

Best wishes,
Paul