geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader, JNDI and Dependency views in console
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:10:48 GMT
I think these new UIs look great and are very useful.  I'm in favor of
integrating them into Geronimo.  However, I am concerned about how the
patch integrates them.  I would very strongly prefer that they be
integrated as plugins instead of directly into the admin console.  As
a matter of fact I think several of the portlets in the current admin
console should eventually be factored out as plugins.  Then, as the
admin console moves towards a more plugin-centric approach the user
can integrate these UIs directly into the console or keep them as
separate webapps.

Best wishes,
Paul