geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rakesh Midha" <midha.rak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reason for sequence in XSD's
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 06:14:23 GMT
David, you are right about only web app j2ee xsd using choice, and some
parts of j2ee application xsd.

As Aaron, said there are number of users reporting error which turned out to
be sequence error. Infact I myself have struggled some time because I tend
to forgot that order has to be maintained. Using choice in place of sequence
help you specially when you copy paste some elements.

Jason, about "a case where it would be necessary to change the order of the
elements", there is no such requirement or case where it is necessary but I
consider sequence as an extra unrequired restrictions and people definatly
don't like redundent thinks and specially "redundent restrictions"

Thanks
Rakesh