geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject NPE at org.apache.geronimo.security.SubjectId.hashCode(SubjectId.java:79)
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:53:12 GMT
Hi,

The topic has already been discussed, but I couldn't find a jira issue for it.

I've just build a fresh Geronimo 2.0-SNAPSHOT and tried to run it with
./bin/startup.sh which failed with the exception:

22:46:36,859 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/webconsole-tomcat/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car?J2EEApp
lication=org.apache.geronimo.configs/webconsole-tomcat/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=JACCManager,name=JACCManager"
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.geronimo.security.SubjectId.hashCode(SubjectId.java:79)
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:401)
        at org.apache.geronimo.security.ContextManager.registerSubject(ContextManager.java:269)
        at org.apache.geronimo.security.jacc.ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManager.<init>(ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManager.java:109)

As Kevan once pointed out, I could run the server with java -jar
bin/server.jar successfully. I don't have Java SE 6, though.

Does anyone work on it? Has a jira issue been rised?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl