On Dec 4, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

What?  How did you get the idea that everyone has to use AntHill to build Geronimo?

You, or anyone are free to use any tool you like to build Geronimo in any fashion you prefer.  I have just found that the other build automation systems available do not have enough features to fill all of the different build and automated testing needs which we have.

Jason,
Will be really great to have regular builds running again (not to mention new testing plans in the works). Thanks!

Although I agree that John was a little off-base, I can see how he might have gotten there... I think you could be a little more open to questions and slight misconceptions as people start to understand AntHill and the new automated build... Good news is John is looking at it... ;-)

While I'm on this thread, is the AntHill license specific to the Apache Geronimo project? Or a general for Open Source project use? I think it would be a good idea to notify the project and/or pmc if we are obtaining licenses for use by the project...

--kevan