geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project geronimo (in module geronimo) failed]
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 16:36:07 GMT
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Donald Woods <drw_web@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How do we get Geronimo off of the Gump project list,

you already are (off the list, that is)

> as Geronimo has its own gbuild.org infrastructure using AntHill for
> builds....

Gump isn't a nightly build system and its focus is probably completely
different from what you do at gbuild (not better or worse, different).

Given that we've never once been able to even get close to building
Geronimo its quite obvious that neither of us Gumpers knows enough
about it.

> David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
>
>> Well the obvious questions are who set this up.....

I don't remember who did, this happened many moons ago when Geronimo
still was under incubation.

>> why is it using maven 1 to build geronimo....

Because nobody took care of changing that.

>> how do we try to fix it (or do we)....

If you want to fix it, come over to general@gump and explain to us how
one would go about building Geronimo.  Please understand Gump's
philosophy which means we'd build Geronimo against the very latest
versions of all its dependencies.  If you are not interested in this
kind of integration builds, Gump is not for you.

Maven2 and Gump don't support each other at all ATM.

>> and what happened to the last 25 notifications?

No idea.

Cheers

        Stefan