geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convention on dropping tests under the test framework
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:55:12 GMT

> On Dec 8, 2006, at 1:29 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > Check out this patch http://people.apache.org/~prasad/manifestcp.patch
> >
> > Apply it from the geronimo/testsuite/depoyment-testsuite directory.
> >
> > It will create 2 directories under it.
> > -- The manifestcp will create the ear for.
> > -- The test-manifestcp will deploy and undeploy it.
> >
> > Throw your testcases under test-manifestcp.
>
> When I apply the patch I get files with many copies of the content.
> Assuming this builds for you can you commit it?
>
> IIRC there there aren't any tests needed for this, if it deploys it
> works.  When it's committed I'll check.

Sure. let me work on commiting it for you.

> I think I'd prefer everything including the tests to be under the
> manifestcp dir, but we can try to rearrange this later.  I think we
> need to study how to best set this up.

Usually, that shouldn't have been a problem but for the fact that it
might be left out of the entire reporting structure of the test
framework. Let me see how I can pull in the surefire-reports from the
deploy/undeploy of the manifestcp.ear if it gets embedded inside this
"pom"

> thanks
> david jencks

Cheers