geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convention on dropping tests under the test framework
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:30:41 GMT

> For instance it might be useful to have a maven archetype to set up
> everything except the app to test and the actual test cases.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

I have alrady written an archetype plugin called
testsuite-archetype-plugin that will let you create a testsuite with
an empty testset project under it. Please see
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/integration-testing.html#IntegrationTesting-Gettingstarted

However, in your case, since you don't want us to be createing any moe
testsuites till we have colected enough tests, this is what you should
do :

1) just make a copy of test-deployment, (say call it cxf-deployment)
2) use it's child profile to go thro the complete maven lifecycle -
compile, build and test your apps.
3) it's parent (deployment-testsuite) will take care of the server
start/stop and reporting for you.

Cheers
Prasad

Cheers