geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Openejb-2.3 itests fixed ! Well almost.
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 01:53:00 GMT
Rick, here's something for you...

Blevins and I spent some time trying to figure out the cause of this
mysetrious NoClassDefFoundError and we narrowed it down to this
"narrow".

The test failures are due to lines like this in the client code-
test09_lookupEntityBean()
File url :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb2/itests/openejb-itests-core/src/test/java/org/apache/openejb/test/stateless/StatelessJndiEncTests.java?revision=472584&view=markup

And that happens due to corba narrow calls in the server code -
BasicBmpHome home = (BasicBmpHome)
javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/stateless/beanReferences/bmp_entity"),
BasicBmpHome.class );
File url:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb2/itests/openejb-itests-core/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/test/stateless/EncStatelessBean.java?view=markup

The stacktrace is:
http://rifers.org/paste/show/2612

The same error occurs everywhere there is a corba call in the server side.

Cheers
Prasad

On 12/5/06, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/server/testsuite/20061205/ejbcontainer-testsuite/test-ejbcontainer/surefire-report.html
>
> Cheers
> Prasad
>
> On 12/5/06, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is as far down to the bottom as I could get of this NoClassDefFoundError.
> >
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> >         at org.apache.openejb.test.stateless.EncStatelessBean.lookupEntityBean(EncStatelessBean.java:60)
> >
> > And that code on line 60 of EncStatelessBean.java is:
> > BasicBmpHome home = (BasicBmpHome)
> > javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
> > ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/stateless/beanReferences/bmp_entity"),
> > BasicBmpHome.class );
> >
> > Unless I'm missing something in the plan, the ejb-refs look alright to me.
> >
> > The BasicBmpHome and EncStatelessBean are in the same package,
> > openejb-itests-core-2.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar which is deployed
> > prior to running the tests.
> >
> > Yet, we get this NoClassDefFoundError !
> >

> > Cheers
> > Prasad
> >

> > On 12/4/06, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > David,
> > >
> > > The .setup() and .teardown() still continue to show up withour their
> > > testnames prepended.  We'll have to go back to using the
> > > DummyTest.java that was in the original patch (391).
> > >
> > > Anyways, here is the patch again. Please apply it.
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-397
> > >
> > > In the ReuseOpenEJbTest, I changed the database system property from
> > > InstantDB to Derby.
> > > System.setProperty("openejb.test.database",
> > > org.apache.openejb.test.DerbyTestDatabase.class.getName());
> > >
> > > We now execute 552 tests out of which 27 fail and 10 throw errors.
> > >
> > > All the faillures are due to a NoClassDefFoundError yet the stacktrace
> > > is not all that informative.
> > >
> > > All the errors are coming from the CMRMapping tests.
> > >
> > > One tiny fix someplace in each will fix them all.
> > >
> > > Here are the logs
> > > http://rifers.org/paste/show/2594
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Prasad