geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query related to test framework
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:27:06 GMT
> On Dec 4, 2006, at 8:25 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> > Thinking more about this, why do we even have the "defaultAssemblyId"
> > param there ? Why not have set the default-value on the "assemblyId"
> > parameter to be jetty ?
>
> Because, if you configure the assemblyId from the pom, then you can
> not override it on the command-line.

Not if you use a variable to configure the assemblyid and set the
default variable property in the pom.

<properties><assemblyId>jetty</assemblyId></properties>

and then

<assemblyId>${assemblyId}</assemblyId>

Now you can have your cake and eat it too. The command line property
would override the property set in the pom.

Oh, I know.. you hate property variables in pom :-)  But if you have
the default-value set in the mojo, then we could omit it in the pom
configuration all together.

Just a thought.

> --jason

Cheers