geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release process change
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:06:28 GMT
On Dec 22, 2006, at 6:27 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> I'm OK with the change but would like to understand the proposal a
> little bit better.
> Not knowing Maven enough I do have a few questions.
> What would be the equivalent to branches? How would we manage the
> "cut" for stabilizing and releasing?

Maven only handles the "tag" creation setp.  If I understand Matt's
proposal correctly, the release manager would still do the branching
and once the code is stable, the community votes to release the code
as it without further changes.  They you run the maven tools to
create the tags and the binaries.

> How would we manage *TCK*?

Again, if I understand Matt's proposal, this would not apply to
Geronimo server, so TCK is not an issue.

-dain