geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Strange build problem
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:19:51 GMT
On Dec 11, 2006, at 12:43 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> I wish I could say I "removed it" without any additional
> qualification.  :-P However, what I actually said was that I
> removed it *from the root pom*.   I still have references to the
> java.net as a legacy repo in modules/geronimo-web-2.5-builder,
> configs/tomcat6 and configs/jetty6 to pick up jstl 1.2.
>
> AFAIK this shouldn't cause a problem for modules/geronimo-cxf-
> builder or generally anything other than children of the poms I
> changed ... right?
>
> Joe

Ya, that is what I had thought.  I believe this is why the strange
build problem is occurring, as Anita says it happens when building
from modules/ and not when building from geronimo-cxf-builder.  When
building from modules/ mvn will scan all modules and generate pom
state for them, which includes setting up repos.

10 to 1, if you have the required artifacts in your repo already,
then comment out those legacy repos (leaving the dependencies along),
then this problem will go away.

Really need to find a better solution to this immediate need for jstl
and keep in mind in the future to now include legacy repos in the build.

--jason